The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) has published a list of prequalified suppliers who will be able to participate in Naftogaz’ tenders for gas purchase conducted within the framework of the group’s contract with the EBRD in 2017-2018. Under the revolving facility Naftogaz can draw down up to US$300 million to buy gas from European suppliers.
The following three applicants are unconditionally prequalified:
- CEZ A.S. (Czech Republic);
- ENGIE SA (France); and,
- Polskie Gornictwo Naftowe I Gazownictwo Spolka Akcyjna (Poland).
The following applicants are conditionally prequalified:
- Axpo Trading AG (Switzerland);
- EDF Trading Limited (United Kingdom);
- Eni trading & shipping S.p.A (Italy);
- Handen SP.z.o.o (Poland);
- RWE Supply & Trading GmbH (Germany);
- Slovensky Plynarensky Priemysel s.a. (Slovakia);
- Uniper Global Commodities SE (Germany);
- VNG Slovakia s.r.o (Slovakia);
- PGNiG Supply and Trading GmbH (Germany); and,
- JV: Hungarian Gas Trade Ltd (Hungary) and MFGK Slovakia s.r.o (Slovakia).
In 2016, thirteen companies in total have conditionally or unconditionally prequalified in a similar procedure.
NJSC Naftogaz of Ukraine