Naftogaz of Ukraine has officially initiated a two-stage selection process to appoint a qualified provider of communications and public affairs services, in particular, in the Energy Community countries and the US. Naftogaz aims to develop proactive and efficient relations with relevant institutions, think-tanks, media, as well as business and investment community. A comprehensive communications program should support Naftogaz key strategic objectives:
- a full integration of the Ukrainian gas market with the European energy market, incl. implementation of the EU Third Energy Package provisions in Ukraine;
- brining foreign investment into the country's oil and gas markets;
- bringing relations with Gazprom in line with standard European practices (incl. through arbitration proceedings in Stockholm);
- addressing the Nord Stream 2 project.
Naftogaz expects its communications partner to perform the following tasks:
- develop and review a comprehensive communications program based on the strategic priorities of Naftogaz;
- develop an efficient public affairs program to support Naftogaz relations with relevant EU institutions, authorities, opinion leaders and businesses in the Energy Community countries as well as the USA;
- prepare a participation program and develop supporting materials to cover key international events relevant to Naftogaz strategic priorities;
- build proactive relations with relevant think-tanks and media to educate about gas market reform in Ukraine and establish a productive dialogue
- draft and deliver public statements on behalf of Naftogaz; arrange interviews, discussions and press briefings for Naftogaz management; prepare and update corporate presentation materials; edit the group's annual report 2015;
- develop and implement an efficient social media strategy for international audience;
- provide relevant training and advice to Naftogaz employees on media relations, public speaking, etc.
The expected value of the tender is up to UAH 20 million over the contract term of 12 months.
At the qualification stage of the tender procedure, eligible companies will be selected. At the second stage they will be invited to make their financial proposals.
The eligibility criteria include, i.a.: having offices in Belgium, Germany and at least three additional countries of the Energy Community as well as in the US; a commitment to allocate staff with proven experience working with EU institutions, state authorities of the Energy Community countries and the US (public affairs, government relations); providing recommendation letters from past or existing clients to confirm relevant experience.
In addition, the participants must ensure that there is no conflict of interest at the moment of submission of the proposal, during the provision of the services under the Contract and within a year after its termination. Namely, the company should not provide services and not perform actions in the interests of the state authorities of the Russian Federation and PJSC Gazprom.
The deadline for submission of the pre-qualification proposals is 10:00 a.m. on 10/05/2016.
Detailed terms and conditions are available on the public procurement web-portal www.tender.me.gov.ua, (№090446, WHD №60/1 dated 29/03/2016). An unofficial translation of the tender documentation can be found here.