Naftogaz of Ukraine, one of Europe’s largest vertically integrated oil and gas companies, requests for proposals from reputable providers of international communications services. The group is looking for support in building strong relations with media, professional community, government representatives and other stakeholders in the EU, the US and other countries of interest.
Naftogaz is the driving force behind Ukraine’s gas market reform. The reform implements the EU 3rd Energy Package in Ukraine and opens the market for international investment. Other strategic goals of Naftogaz include ensuring security of gas supply, the diversification of Ukraine’s sources of gas imports, integration with the EU, improving operational efficiency of the group and bringing international investment in various segments of the group’s operations. The group is a party in two arbitration processes in SCC with Gazprom regarding gas supply and gas transit contracts. The most recent annual report of Naftogaz describing the group’s strategy and challenges in detail is available at: link.
The scope of the communications agency’s tasks includes:
- Developing and revising a communications program based on the group’s strategic goals
- Drafting and distributing media statements
- Setting up media interviews, expert meetings and participation in relevant events for the group’s management
- Organizing meetings with relevant governmental officials in the countries of interest
- Editing contents of the group’s website, annual reports and corporate presentations
- Advising on the group’s website re-design
- Providing regular media reports
A successful candidate should demonstrate a proven track record working with oil and gas companies and/or public sector in the EU. The candidate is expected to have representatives in Brussels, Berlin, Washington and other locations key for the group’s communications. An experience working with Ukrainian companies and government agencies is an advantage.
Naftogaz will not consider agencies that represent or have represented Russian state-owned energy companies or the Government of the Russian Federation.
A proposal should include:
- The company brief and a motivational letter
- Description of the candidate’s track record in oil and gas sector and/or public sector
- The dedicated project team description
- Lists of media, think tanks, conferences and government officials the candidate believes are relevant for the group
- Budget proposals including several options based on scope of work
The proposals should be sent to [email protected] before 26 November 2015. Further information can be obtained from Aliona Osmolovska, Naftogaz Head of PR, at +380 44 586 3579.